Tuesday, 11 October 2016

Managing IOS Storage

IOS device automatically sync their data via iCloud as required (assuming you are using iCloud). Storage is managed from Settings. Go to Settings/ General/ Storage to monitor storage on a device. Go to  iCloud Usage and you see what storage you have and how it is being used. Unnecessary Apps can be deleted here. I can see that the Podcasts app which I do not use, has accumulated a lot of podcasts. I can go to the Podcast app and change the settings to remove most of these.

 Storage overview for an iPad



Storage overview for iCloud

Note that there is 55Gb of photos in iCloud, but only 5Gb on my iPhone because I use my iPad a lot more for looking at photos. IOS devices will free up space on the device if necessary, requiring download from iCloud when needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment